Wednesday, September 25, 2013

Is He Worth It?: Neymar


Is He Worth It?: Neymar

Neymar Jr. has placed his foot in the world of international football. He was signed to Barcelona for 60 million euros. 138 goals in 229 matches seemed like a nice number to the Catalan Giants when they were thinking of signing him to their club. But is he really worth the 60 million euro price tag?

This transfer was without a doubt not one that many people were expecting. I am a huge Barcelona fan and I am glad that Neymar is with my team. I, however, thought that Barcelona could have done something better in the transfer window. Barcelona is full of skillful dribblers and pacy forwards/midfielders, what the club lacks are tall defenders. If you pay close attention, you will notice that Barcelona looses a lot of goals from headers and corners. We are deadly on the ground but no where as deadly in the air, this being said, I honestly thought that they would make different decisions. Even replacing Valdes would let me sleep better at night knowing we have a very good keeper blocking that goal instead of Victor Valdes. 


Neymar has been displaying some very good football with Barcelona and I think he has acclimated very well to the club. He has given a couple of assists and even two goals so far with Barcelona and I see many more to come. I very happy that Neymar is in my team. Most of his transfer fees were paid off by shirt sales alone shortly after his transfer. He is definitely a young shining star and Barcelona will take him to new heights. I can surely say that this year's La Liga will be a very interesting one. 

To watch his full presentation: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5CfKWhVPkjA

To watch some skills/dribbling: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VxYMOgfdU6Q

To watch his first goal with Barcelona: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=74klD-O3SZk

No comments:

Post a Comment